Partying hard late night has become quite common these days. It could be business parties or a friends’ night out. While consuming the cocktails may not seem to be posing any serious problems immediately, the experiences next morning are quite horrible. Pounding headache, nauseate feeling, dried up mouth with an unquenchable thirst are some of the symptoms that follows the hard drinks’ night. It is commonly called hangover. The bad part is, it could continue for a long time if no remedy is done. You can always go with the aspirin or any other hangover tablets from any medical store. However, today I’ll show you some natural remedies.
Such hangovers are said to be caused by the sudden dehydration. Your body’s adjustment to the dropping blood alcohol levels once the consumption is stopped causes imbalances and hence the headaches. What are you thinking then? Drink water and more fluids. Rest for a while. The hangover may persist between 8 – 24 hours. But in the meantime, you go looking into your kitchen for the herbal remedies.
Hangover is the state when the body gets too dehydrated and the body’s biological rhythm is disrupted. The liver gets toxic resulting in other ailments. Our hangover treatment can start immediately at home. Few herbal remedies that can be adopted:
- Fennel seeds: Fennel seeds are quite common in every household. Fennel is considered to be a very effective herb as far as curing the hangover is concerned. The herb goes to the blood stream and helps in normalizing the liver functions. The herb has restorative in nature. The presence of alcohol in the blood stream causes disturbances in the normal functioning of the liver.
However, the seeds are not to be taken as they are. It needs to be prepared beforehand. As you come home drunk, go to the kitchen and wash a few fennel seeds and soak them overnight cause you are going to need that the next morning. Drink this water in the morning. You would definitely feel relaxed.
- Green Tea: Drinking tea itself brings relief to the body once you are experiencing a hangover. And the green tea with added lemon juice acts as magic. Prepare green tea as soon as you start experiencing the hangover. You may also add sugar and mint leaves to taste better. Ginger may also be added to the green tea preparation. Consuming green tea helps in detoxifying the absurd liver. Your pounding headache and the nausea may also come down.
- Ginger: Ginger is yet another easily available remedy for hangover. Ginger aids in digestion and soothes the stomach. Warm ginger tea with added honey and lemon juice helps to in overcoming the hangover. Add a little honey and a few drops of lemon juice to this. Such ginger tea may relieve you of nausea. It also alleviates headache and morning sickness caused by hangover. Having ginger before consuming alcohol may also decrease nausea and vomiting.
- Peppermint : Peppermint is a great herb that is being used to cure many physical ailments. The peppermint plant has become a must in every household these days. Peppermint soothes the intestine, acts as grease on the agitated nervous system and also helps in proper digestion. Prepare peppermint tea and drink it. This would definitely help in reducing the anxiety caused by the agitated nervous system due to hangover. It also helps in getting rid of the gas in the stomach and soothes the intestine.
A dip in the warm water with peppermint oil dropped in it helps you get rid of the anxiety. You feel better after the peppermint bath.
SEE ALSO: 5 Best Natural Cough Remedies
- Honey: Honey is also a proven remedy to overcome hangover. It is often referred to as super food because of the many plus points. Honey is full of antioxidants. The harmful effects of alcohol can be reduced with the intake of honey. Subsequently it also reduces the hangover effects. The natural fructose in honey also helps in metabolizing and digesting the alcohol.
It is advisable to take tablespoonful honey twice or thrice as per requirements.
So, check out the medicine next time you party hard at night.