Whenever you want to eat somethin’ before bedtime, make sure you choose the right ingredients. Here are some great ideas!
Eating before bedtime is not as bad as it looks if you choose wisely. We all get intense food cravings sometimes and this isn’t always a bad thing. Everything is ok as long as you don’t stuff your mouth with whatever catches your look when you open the fridge. Remember that your metabolism never fully shuts down, so it works even overnight.
These are the best 5 foods you can eat before bedtime even when you’re trying to lose some weight.
1. Cottage Cheese. Cottage cheese is always a great idea before going to bed because it usually contains casein, which releases slowly into your body and ensures a steady supply of amino acids through the night. If you feel like eating something sweet you can add some peanut butter or almond butter and in this way you’ll improve your digestion too. Just don’t add too much.
2. Blueberries. Blueberries are a great source of vitamins, fibers and antioxidants. A small cup of blueberries will relieve your cravings and control your hunger. Eat ’em with some light yogourt if you feel so.
3. Salmon. When you’re very hungry but it’s getting too late you can opt for salmon, which is a great source of healthy omega fats and it’s high in protein content. This is maybe the best low carb option before bedtime and it’s also very very tasty.
4. Raw Veggies. Just slice some carrots, cucumbers or celery, add a pinch of salt, cayenne pepper and some olive oil and you have the perfect bedtime snack. It’s full of nutrients and will make hunger disappear in an instant.
5. Canned Tuna. Make sure you choose the one packed in water because it’s fat free and mix it with a tbsp of olive oil and some fresh lemon juice.