Make sure you eat these superfoods regularly if you want lean and strong muscle!
If you want lean muscle mass, in addition to a strong exercise program you gotta have a well balanced diet. Regular and properly performed exercises will stimulate your muscles to grow bigger, but your meals have also a major role in this situation.
You gotta include in your diet foods that contain protein, healthy carbohydrates and good fats. Other nutrients that you need for building powerful muscles are magnesium, potassium, copper, selenium, calcium, iron and lots of vitamins. Here are TOP 5 superfoods you need to build lean muscle:
1. Eggs. I refer in particular to egg whites, which are the building block of muscles. Egg whites contain contain high quality protein and essential amino acids needed for optimal muscle recovery. Egg yolks are also important because they provide your body vitamins, including A, E, K and a range of B vitamins like B12, riboflavin and folic acid. All of these help speed up your metabolism and turn fat into energy.
2. Chicken Breast. Chicken breast is one of the best protein sources you can ever eat. It’s all lean lean protein, which is easily synthesized to repair the muscle tissue damaged during hard training. Eat it baked, roasted or grilled, in soups or salads and never fry it!
3. Salmon. Salmon contains a unique combination of long-chain omega-3 fats EPA and DHA, B vitamins and high quality protein, which is essential for building lean muscle. It’s one of the best foods you can eat for muscle building and it’s also very tasty. It’s great if you can just grill it and serve it with fresh greens. Make sure you consume wild salmon, because it’s the healthiest.
4. Spinach. In 2008, researchers at Rutgers University found that the phytoecdysteroids present in spinach help increase muscle growth up to 20 percent. It also contains l-glutamine and amino acids that are essential for efficient muscle contractions. Do you need any other reason to consume this amazing superfood?
5. Flaxseeds. Flaxseeds are very important for your digestion process and they contain lots of nutrients that will help you build lean muscle and lose fat. Many studies have shown that flaxseeds can reduce inflammations. This means that your muscles will recover faster after an intense training session and you won’t feel that much soreness.