Children learn best during their childhood. In this period they learn mostly from the example provided by their parents and they memorize better the advice given by their parents and by their grandparents. There are many things that the child should learn during childhood in order to become a responsible person in the future. During childhood, mothers try to educate their children about the importance of good manners, about the importance of healthy food and physical activity. Mothers also help children to socialize and experience the world outside their home. There are many things that the child should learn in this period, but the following things are among the most important things.
- Teach your children to eat less sugar – Sugary snacks are the favorite snacks for most of the children, but the parents are aware that a great amount of artificial sugar can be harmful to their child’s health. Teach your children to focus more on the healthy food and less on sugary snacks and beverages.
- Teach your children to be more physically active and to spend less time playing computer games. There is no point of staring at the screens all day. Play with your children outside so that it would be more interesting for them and also to improve your child’s health and child’s cognitive skills. Children usually have a lot of energy so parents should consider taking children for a walk in nature or play some game with children or maybe join some sports group and so on. Physical activity and exercising are crucial in the development of the child and also prevent some diseases such as diabetes, obesity and so on.
- Teach your children about the importance of eating fruits and vegetables – Parents need to find a way that is fun and interesting for the children and to make them eat the dish full of vegetables or fruits. When children are forced to eat fruit and vegetables, they become stubborn and refuse to eat healthy food. So parents need to find some creative way to make children eat healthy food.
- Include more proteins in their meals – You need to put some proteins when making the meals for tour children. They are crucial in the process of growing. Proteins can be found in the meat, dairy products, beans, nuts, seafood and so on.
- Teach your children to drink more water – It is better for children to consume more water and avoid drinking soda, artificial juices and some other sugary beverages. The mother needs to teach her child about the importance of water and to find a way to make her child avoid the other beverages and drink plenty of water.
- Sleep routine – It is important for children to go to bed early. They are really active during the day so they need a good rest. Most of the children refuse to go to bed early because they want to spend some more time playing computer games or doing some other activities. Parents should create a sleep routine for their children. That means that children should go to bed and wake up every day at the same time.
- Parents should limit the screen exposure – Most of the children enjoy playing computer games and watching cartoons all day long. These activities may keep the children quiet for some period, but these activities cause a lot of damage to their mental development. Children should be doing more creative things in order to develop their imagination. Staring at screens all day long can also damage their eyesight.
- Teach your children to read a lot of books. Reading a book is a great activity which will relax the child before going to bed and the child will fall asleep easier. If the child does not know how to read the parents can read a story to him/her. By reading some books the child will learn new things and it will develop its imagination and become more creative.
- Teach your child to be generous and not selfish – Children want to have a lot of toys. Sometimes they want to play with the toys of the other children, but the child should learn that it needs to share its toys in order to play with the toys of the other children. Later on, the child will learn the importance of generosity, politeness and kindness.
- Teach your child about the importance of love, politeness, and support. Parents should be always there for their children! Read more
Anthony Maldonado has over Twenty Five (25) years of experience in the field of Education. He specializes in setting up Educational State. He is an expert in the area of developing strategies of Education. He is presently working at his private tuition Singapore.