Here is how you can recover fast after a tough workout!
The truth is tough workouts equal real results and the hard work always pays off. Despite this, you may feel very weakened sometimes and this feeling can draw you back. To remain motivated and focused you need to get enough rest and to recover very well after every hard workout. Here are the best 5 ways to speed recovery and feel better after giving it your best in gym.
1. Get enough sleep. Your body repairs itself while sleeping and maybe you already know that adequate sleep can benefit your heart, weight, mind, and more. Studies have shown that pleople who don’t get enough sleep are more prone to fat gain than those that do. So all you gotta to is make sure you have at least 7 or 8 hours of sleep every night, so you won’t miss the benefits of sleeping. Don’t forget to put your phone away and read something interesting before going to bed. This will help you have a good rest.
2. Eat carbs. Your nutritional habits are very important when it comes to recovery. You need proper post-workout meals to accelerate muscle recovery and new muscle growth. When you are under eating your body’s ability to both grow and repair is reduced and you’ll feel week and tired all the time. Make sure that you eat a meal with around 20 to 30 percent of your total carbohydrate intake after every hard workout to speed up recovery.
3. Try BCAAS. BCAAs stand for branched chain amino acids. Many studies have shown that taking BCAAs before and after your workout leads to better recovery and muscle gain. This could be due to their ability to stimulate protein synthesis. BCAAs are also present in a fast digesting form in whey protein, if you were to consume whey protein post workout.
4. Don’t forget to stretch after training. Stretching your muscles is essential after every workout, even if it was a lighter one. The right stretching moves will send blood flow to your muscles and will help your joints move through their full range of motion, improving your posture and lowering your risk of pain and injury.
5. Use a foam roll. The proper use of a good foam roll can prevent muscle imbalances and improve your flexbility. You can try before and after your workouts, and you’ll feel the changes in your body right away. After foam rolling the toxins and lactic acid will flush out of your muscles and this will really help you recover faster.