Core Strengthening Exercises
Mentioned below are few core exercises for the strengthening of the base, by working out the lower abdominal and pelvic muscles.
1. Low Boat Pose
This yoga pose is very effective and efficient core workout. Here’s how to properly perform it:
- Lay supine on the floor with your hands by your side. Rest in the position for a while breathing normally.
- Raise your legs up, at an angle of 45 degrees and make sure they are straight.
- Once you stabilize, lift up your torso as well, again at an angle of 45 degrees. Now you are in the “V” shape.
- Try touching your calf with your hands and hold for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Return to rest and repeat 5 times.
2. Boat Pose
This pose is a continuation of the previously done boat pose. Remaining in the pose, raise your legs up a little more and hold for a few seconds. This way you put a bit more pressure on your core muscles. Hold and then return to the starting position.
Plank has significant benefits when it comes to strengthening your core and abdominal muscles. It looks simple but is not simple to do, and the effect it has on your body is not matchable by any other core workout.
Here’s how to plank:
- Lie upside down on the mat.
- Come up on your elbows and toes. Keep your body straight without arching your back.
- Hold this position for as long as you can.
4. Scoop Exercise
Let’s see how to do the scoop exercise:
- Begin this exercise with laying on the floor on your back. Your spine and shoulders should be stacked on the floor and legs straight.
- Lift up your legs with your feet facing the ceiling. Make sure you don’t lift your hips too.
- Hold your ankles with your hand while raising your shoulders and head a little.
- Your legs and arms must be straight while you hold this pose for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Once done, return to rest and repeat at least 10 times.
Core Strength Benefits
Your core is every part of your body, except your limbs. And a stronger core means more solid body. It is the support system of your body and just working it out for sporting a beach-ready body is not enough.
A more solid core helps to prevent injuries in the body because you are not getting more powerful base only with crunches. As you work your way towards it, you are also strengthening your body in every possible way.
A stronger core will keep you away from back and hip pains and will help you feel younger for years to come. Along with the beach-ready body, you will also have the confidence to flaunt it with better posture and healthier abdominal.