Having a nice and slim figure is a dream of every person. You can make your dream come true with the help of your elliptical cross trainer as it helps you to burn a lot of calories in much shorter time. Here are some tips to advance your fitness level with the help of elliptical cross trainer.
- Time needed for workout on elliptical trainer:
For reduction of 1 kg body weight, you need to burn as much as 8,000 calories. It indicates that intensive work out for 10 hours is surely required on the elliptical bike. On calculation, it is easy to figure out that twice a week one hour at elliptical bike in a period of one month can help you reduce 1 kg weight. In other words, at high intensity, 20 minutes of cross trainer daily allows you to burn over 8,000 calories and as a result you can reduce 1kg body weight in the period of one month. Elliptical home devices can be used for this purpose instead of going to gyms. An alternate to this high method is a high intensity workout for 20 minutes every day and this can be done by doing HIIT.
- Which form of workout is better: Cardio Vs. HIIT:
High intensity interval training is a program which offers faster calorie burning in a short time. It is short and intense as compared to cardio exercises. Cycling for example for 30 minutes at high intensity can burn 420 calories in the body while for one hour at medium intensity you can burn 650-700 calories.
READ ALSO: Why is Riding a Stationary Bike Good for You
One of the reasons behind this high intensity interval training the rate of heart beat increases and reaches an anaerobic zone which makes up 80% of the maximum heart rate. The body needs continuous supply of energy during anaerobic zone and hence sugars are utilized during prolonged cardio workouts. For best results however you can have 1 to 2 sessions of HIIT per week while 1 to 2 sessions of cardio training. The mix of these two exercises will benefit the body and will lead to speedy weight loss.
- Elliptical and main body muscles it works?
Legs, buttocks, thighs and arms are targeted by elliptical trainer. When the bars are actively pulled or pushed, it helps to maintain biceps and triceps. The abdominal and back muscles also are targeted to some extent during this workout. With the help of elliptical machine, you can target specific body muscles. Your thighs for example work harder as you push the pedals actively with the help of your front side of feet. As you step a little back while holding the bars and moving the arms the glutes are targeted as well.
By increasing the cross trainer’s resistance, more muscles are supposed to work and this helps to target specific body muscles.
Additional weight loss tips:
Here are some additional tips which can increase the efficacy of your weight loss program:
- Do not step into a diet program which you cannot continue for rest of your life, as you come back to routine diet you will regain all the pounds you have lost. Change your dietary habits if you are prone to gain more weight.
- Fix the meal times and don’t eat anything in between. Don’t take dinner just before going to bed.
- Avoid using carbonated drinks; add water and fresh fruit juices instead.
- Avoid chocolate bars and take plenty of fruits.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day.
- Don’t eat too much pasta or bread as it contains a lot of starch which can result in weight gain.
- Take low carb diet and say no to oily food.
In order to lose weight, the cross trainer is an ideal sport and with the help of it you can easily target your legs, thighs and glutes. A well balanced diet and training programs can lead to efficient weight loss. All you need is to be consistent in your plans and stay motivated. The weight loss is not an easy target; you need a lot of perseverance and consistency if you aim to get into perfect shape.