We all know by now that Yoga is good for us! It helps us with mental strength, boosts our recovery and, of course helps us improving the flexibility and over all health!
That’s crucial to finishing your workout feeling optimistic, peaceful, and inspired—and hopefully, a little more appreciative of what your body just did for you.
But there’s more! Even if you aren’t a yogi, it’s practically impossible not to look forward to a wind-down when you’ve been pushing yourself for half an hour or more. You might even find yourself cranking up your intensity just to ‘earn the reward.
Only 10 Minutes!
Yes, just 10 minutes! Directly after your workout, focus on slowing your breath bit by bit.
- Inhale for three seconds, hold for three, then exhale for three; add a count each round until you’re inhaling, holding, and exhaling for six breaths.
- This gradually gets you from panting heavily to calm and focused.
- Then perform this flow in order, starting with your vinyasa and going back to it between every sequence.
- Repeat each sequence on the other side, vinyasa included, until you’ve made it to your final sequence, then repeat the entire flow twice.
So here you go, check out this amazing 10 min yoga workout to boos your flexibility!
- Start in a push-up position, hands under your shoulders (a).
- Keeping your core engaged and elbows close to your sides, bend your elbows to slowly lower your body in one straight line until your arms form a 90-degree angle to the floor (b).
- Roll over your toes and straighten your arms to draw your chest forward, keeping your hips and legs a few inches off the ground (c).
- Plant your toes and push your hips up and back to finish in downward dog (d).
2. Warrior II To Warrior II With Arm Stretch:
- From downward dog, place your right foot between your hands.
- Ground your heels and lift up to stand.
- Bend your right knee and angle your left foot to face the top left corner of your mat.
- Extend your arms in opposite directions (a).
- Lift your right arm and bend your elbow to rest your palm on your upper back.
- Place your left palm on your right elbow.
- Push your hips slightly forward to feel a stretch in your right side (b).
READ ALSO: 5 Yoga Postures to Boost Libido
3. Pyramid To Revolved Triangle:
- From downward dog, lift your right leg up and step your right foot behind your right hand.
- Step your left foot in about a foot, feet staggered.
- Lift up to standing, keeping your hips facing forward.
- Touch your palms together behind your back, and slowly fold over your right leg (a).
- Place your left hand to the left of your right foot, then raise your right arm directly up as you twist your torso toward the ceiling, pushing your hips back (b).
- From downward dog, lift your right leg, then bend your right knee to open up your hip.
- Bring your right leg forward and place your right knee down on the mat behind your right wrist.
- Gently guide your right foot a little closer to your left wrist.
- Lengthen your left leg so it’s in a straight line directly behind you, and uncurl your toes.
- Keeping your hips square, press your fingertips into the floor.
- (Optional: Lower onto your forearms to deepen the pose.)
5. Plow To Shoulder Stand:
- From downward dog, lower onto your knees and come to a seat on your mat.
- Lower onto your back and extend your arms, palms down, by your sides.
- Slowly lift your legs up and behind you until your toes touch the floor (a).
- Plant your toes into the floor, then walk your elbows in closer together and place your hands on your middle back.
- Raise one leg toward the ceiling, then the other.
- Walk your hands along your back toward your shoulder blades to keep the weight off your neck (b).