As our world continues to exist in a state of flux due to the pandemic, people everywhere are looking for a sense of normalcy. Particularly, in this time of turmoil, everyone wants to find a way to ensure the safety of their friends, family, and the public in general. Luckily, there are ways to find a sense of normalcy while also learning the best ways to protect your loved ones.CPR online is a wonderful way to ensure that you’re taking the best care of yourself and your community.
What is CPR?
CPR is a skill set that is very easy to learn, but also essential to the well being of society. CPR stands for cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and it has a long history of saving lives. CPR is the cornerstone of lifesaving procedures when it comes to someone suffering from a heart attack or other forms of cardiac failure. Additionally, CPR can be used whenever someone is not receiving proper oxygen, like in cases of drowning or choking.
What is CPR Certification?
CPR certification courses are widely available these days. Certain professions actually require CPR certification, such as those in the medical community. Additionally, certain first responders and law enforcement personnel must have up-to-date CPR certifications in order to remain active in their field. CPR certification courses teach essential skills, and credentials are valid for 2 years after certification.
Additionally, CPR certification courses are also available to the general public. Online, or remote, CPR certification courses have been available for quite some time. Luckily, in this time of uncertainty, they remain available, allowing valuable knowledge to be readily available to the public.
What is Taught in a CPR Certification Course?
There are many essential skills that are taught in a CPR certification course. Some of the most valuable skills you will learn upon completing your certification are:
- Determining When an Emergency is Occurring and if Someone Needs Help
- Identifying Cardiac Arrest
- Assessing the Safety of Your Surroundings
- Contacting Emergency Personnel
- Providing Assistance to Choking Victims
- Providing High-Quality Chest Compressions
- Providing Rescue Breaths
- Assisting an Unconscious Infant, Child, and Adult
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Post-Resuscitation Procedures
As you can see, there are many different skills that are taught in a CPR certification course. However, the material is not complex, so the courses can be taken by anyone who has a passion for saving lives.
What Are Online CPR Certification Courses and What Are the Benefits?
Online CPR certification courses have been around for many years. They are courses that can be taken completely online, but they still offer certifications just like all other CPR courses. While some professions may require an certification course, there are many others that are more than happy to accept an online certification course. If you require CPR certification for your profession, it’s always best to ask your employer what kind of certification course they will accept in order to ensure that you’re not wasting your time or money.
Online CPR certification courses are a wonderful option for many people, and they offer the same knowledge as traditional CPR training courses. Additionally, they have many other benefits that in-person classes just can’t match. Some of the most notable benefits of receiving your CPR certification online are:
- Saving Time: One of the biggest benefits of obtaining your CPR certification online is that it will help you to save time. When you take your CPR certification course in person, you must be able to fit it into your schedule. This means that you may have to potentially take time off from work or away from your family in order to fit in your certification or recertification. Additionally, you must budget time to commute to and from your course.
However, when you take your CPR certification course online, you can fit it into your schedule as you see fit. With online CPR certification courses, you can log in whenever you have the time and review your materials. Additionally, you can complete your coursework from the comfort of your home, without having to worry about finding the time to get to and from your course.
- Saving Money: Additionally, an online CPR certification course can save you money. Most online courses are cheaper than in-person courses. This is because online courses don’t have to budget for extra expenses, such as an instructor, hands-on learning tools, and a site to host the course. Thus, online courses can help to pass the savings on to you.
- Gaining Flexibility: Furthermore, online CPR certification courses are highly flexible. You can complete your course work at any time, at your own pace, and from the comfort of your home. All you need is a device with an internet connection, and you are ready to learn.
- Learning at Your Own Pace: Speaking of learning at your own pace, that is another huge benefit of obtaining your CPR certification online. People work at different speeds, and one size does not fit all when it comes to education. Luckily, when you take your CPR certification course online, you don’t have to worry about that. You can complete your course work as quickly as you like if you are already familiar with the material, and in most cases, you can even jump straight to your final exam. However, if you need some extra time to review the material, you can do that as well and hold off on taking your final exam until you’re ready.
- Retaking Exams: Finally, one last benefit of taking your CPR certification course online is that you will have the flexibility to retake your final exam if you do not pass the first time. While not all online CPR certification courses have this option available, many do, and it can be a lifesaver. Not having to worry about the fact that you potentially wasted your time and money can be a huge stress reliever. In taking your CPR certification course online, you will likely have the freedom to retake your final exam and receive your certification if you do not pass the first time.
Online CPR certification courses are an excellent way to keep society safe and healthy. The skills taught in these courses can be lifesaving, and they are essential when it comes to ensuring that people can help in the event of an emergency. Additionally, online CPR certification courses have many benefits when compared to traditional CPR courses. They offer freedom and flexibility when it comes to learning, and they can also save you time and money.
In this time of uncertainty, it’s important that people are armed with the skills to save a life. Take the time to enroll in an online CPR certification course today to do your part in protecting your family and society.