Today I will introduce you to some small steps to help you get back to your normal weight after the festive holidays.
If one of your resolutions for 2015 is to be back to your normal weight, then this article can surely motivate you to achieve your goal. The first step to victory is to proclaim your battle vs. your festive eating habits.
After the excess amount of festive food and lack of exercise, your are most likely to have “gained” 2-3 pounds of unwanted fat and fall into a vicious cycle of eating more because you feel depressed about your weight at this current time. NOW! Pay great attention to what I am about to say; DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED! Just follow a few simple steps to get rid of the unwanted pounds:
1. Bin all the foods which you would call ‘naughty but nice’ from your fridge and cupboards! The fewer the temptations, the more you eat a smaller amount of fulfilling healthy foods!
2. Do not starve yourself! This is one of the basic rules when you want to lose weight or keep you in shape. With a low intake of calories, your metabolism will slow down and your body will automatically start to store fat before your next unknown meal. You should know that starving you body is lose muscle and a more bloated tummy.
3. Drink plenty of water! Now that you have stopped indulging from rich foods over the festive season, you must drink water first thing in the morning. Drink a glass of water with a freshly squeezed lemon. If you can’t bear the bitterness spread the lemon juice into four glasses of water before you have your tea/coffee and breakfast… Knock that water back ass soon as you wake up!
4. Exercise! Sport is the only way you will get back into shape quickly. Any type of movement is better than none, whether you opt for a fitness regime, aerobics, jogging or even dancing. You can do sports at home or at the gym with your friendly personal trainer who believes in you! Remember this, you do not have to change your life to involve a bit of physical activity to get into shape, you just need to fit in at least 30 minutes a day to love and respect your body because you’re worth it!
5. For a quick boost, remove salt and carbohydrates for the few days! Say NO to sweets, alcohol and bread! What I recommend at this time is that your diet is composed of salads, fish, cottage cheese, unsalted fruits, vegetables and soup. Salt will cause you to bloat as well as bread and alcohol.
6. To speed up your metabolism! Eat more fiber and drink herbal tea. Eat plant proteins. They strongly stimulate your metabolism and are more effective in burning excess calories.
7. Make a plan and set a realistic nutritional goal for yourself! When we set a goal like this, motivation will fall into place naturally and your new healthy nutrition habits will correct themselves by replacing old habits and even more, your excess weight will come of naturally.
Are you ready to win the battle?