Anxiety is worldwide problem today and everyone is looking for a solution or the other to get rid of it. Anxiety is usually brought on by the fear of something that happened in the past or by the fear of something dreadful happening again. Anxiety disorders can make life difficult and can take a toll on our everyday activities as it might cause us to avoid the situation altogether.
Types of anxiety disorders that affect the mental health of any person:
Anxiety too has its different forms and because it stays with us as a normal part of our lives and we do not realize when things start aggravating due to it. Some of the anxiety disorders that you should know about are-
- Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Panic disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
How hypnotherapy works and how does it ensure the well-being of any person?
Most people opt for medicines to get rid of their anxiety disorders. However, there are more ways to do this like hypnotherapy or hypnosis.
- Hypnotherapy for anxiety is an effective treatment and aims to seek the root cause of the problem. It works to change the individual’s thoughts and feelings associated with anxiety. The treatment of Hypnotherapy for anxiety utilizes guided relaxation, intense concentration, and focused attention to achieve a heightened state of awareness.
- The person is somewhat taken into a state of trance. During therapy a person’s attention is highly focused that everything going on around the person is temporarily blocked out or ignored.
Hypnotherapy for anxiety can be used in two ways, as seen below-
- Suggestion therapy: During suggestion therapy the hypnotic state of mind that a person is in makes the person respond to therapeutic suggestion better. Hence, this way of hypnotherapy can help some people to change certain behaviours, like helping a person to stop smoking, drinking, or even nail biting. This method of hypnotherapy for anxiety can also help people change their perceptions of things and their sensations. It is particularly useful in treating various kinds of pain that a person may be in, even emotional pain.
- Psycho-Analysis: The psycho- analysis method of hypnotherapy for anxiety utilizes the procedure of the relaxed state of the mind to explore possible unconscious factors that are seen to be related to the psychological conflict going on inside someone’s mind. This can be anything like a traumatic past event that a person has kept hidden within himself/herself or her unconscious memory. Once the trauma is revealed, it can be addressed in psychotherapy.
How hypnotherapy has become one of the most potential ways of preventing anxiety?
Hypnotherapy has today become a more recognized method for reducing feelings of anxiety. The process of hypnotherapy for anxiety can help boost confidence and self-belief, in the process reducing feelings of fear and intense worry. It can help you develop the ability to access the calm state of mind that is necessary to overcome the often-felt overwhelming emotions that you are living with.
Hypnotherapy for anxiety aims to access your unconscious state of mind. Using the power of suggestion and meditation, it works to promote positive change in a person. These suggestions can be customized according to your type of anxiety, helping you learn what triggers your anxiety and why. It completely changes the way you react towards them. Hypnotherapy can begin to teach you how to regain a sense of control and normality. It can help you understand what triggers your anxiety and how to cope when you start to feel anxious.