We are living crazy times with his pandemic going on, gyms closing more often and lockdowns everywhere. We can’t be as active as we want and many of us loose some tonus, others loose some muscle mass, and we all feel a little stiff, right?
Having a day where no matter which way you move, you hurt? Whether you’re an occasional runner or a gym fanatic, you should consider recovery an essential part of your health. Low-intensity exercise after completing a heavy workout or athletic event is beneficial for growth and recovery.
Take the time you need to rest your bones, treat your body well, and reap the benefits later. This 6 move workout will help you relax out any muscle aches and pains and feel fantastic. The result: opening up the body for better posture, helping to restore your range of motion and giving you a tighter mind-body connection.
IT Band Straddle Forward Fold:
- From Mountain pose, step the legs 3-4 feet apart into Five Pointed Star.
- With a flat back exhale forward bringing the palms to the floor under the shoulders.
- Use the arms to pull the forehead down towards the floor, bending the elbows towards the back wall.
- Press into the feet, lengthening the legs to press the hips up toward the ceiling.
- Feel the spine being pulled in opposite directions as you press the head down and lift the hips up.
- Breathe and hold for 3-8 breaths.
- To release, reach the arms out to the sides and inhale back up into 5 pointed star.
- Start on all fours on the floor with hands stacked directly under shoulders and knees bent and stacked directly under hips.
- Step one leg back at a time to come into a high plank position on palms, actively squeezing heels and glutes together and drawing navel to spine.
- Hold for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat for 2 to 4 sets.
- As you build strength, increase time to 1 minute or more.
- From halfway lift, exhale to plant palms on the mat slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Spread fingers wide and step or jump back to high plank.
- Inhale, shifting forward onto the tops of toes.
- Draw front ribs in and hip tips up to engage the core.
- Exhale, bending elbows toward 90 degrees, elbows pointing straight back.
- Inhale, lifting the chest, hovering hips, and straightening arms to move into an upward facing dog.
MUST READ: CBD FOR ATHLETES, WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Core Plank Twist Sequence:
- Start in downward dog, with weight grounded into your heels.
- Move into downward dog split by raising the right leg to the sky.
- Then move forward onto your hands bringing your right knee to your right shoulder.
- Return to downward dog split, and then bring right knee to the left shoulder.
- Repeat on the other side.
Chair Pose on Toes:
- Bend your knees until the thighs are almost parallel to the floor.
- Sit hips back and rise up into Chair Pose with arms up alongside ears.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
- Rise onto toes.
- To release, inhale and straighten your legs, lifting your body up through your arms.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your heels in toward your hips.
- Bend your right knee and bring your right ankle to the bottom of your left thigh.
- Stay here if you already feel a deep stretch.
- To go deeper, lift your left foot and draw your left knee in toward your chest.
- Interlace your fingers to hold behind your left thigh or shin.
- Hold for up to 1 minute.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
There you go! Try these moves and comeback with a comment! GO GO GO!