CBD or cannabidiol is one of the many compounds found in cannabis, which relate to a set of substances known as cannabinoids.
THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) in the main psychoactive compound found in cannabis and it causes the feeling of being “high” just like the sensation that is associated with marijuana. However, CBD is not psychoactive like THC.
Being non-psychoactive is what makes CBD a more appealing option for people who want some pain relief and other help without suffering from any mind-altering effect like with marijuana.
CBD oil is basically made by extracting CBD from cannabis and diluting it with any other oil such as hemp seed oil or coconut oil.
There are a lot of benefits of using CBD oil, and we are here to share with you some of them.
Top 5 reasons why CBD oil is good for your health: –
1. Relieve Pain: – Out of all the benefits of CBD oil, relieving pain and inflammation is the most recognized one. Scientific researches have proven multiple times that CBD oil is able to modulate pain by inhibiting neuronal transmission in pain pathways.
According to a study in 2012, CBD oil was able to significantly reduce neuropathic pain and chronic inflammatory in rodents without causing any kind of allergic tolerance.
2. Reduce Anxiety: – After doing various studies using animal models of anxiety and healthy volunteers, it was found that CBD oil is able to decrease anxiety in patients with social anxiety problems.
Researchers also claim that it can reduce post-traumatic disorder, social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. It also reduced nausea and emetic effects in rats.
3. Fights Cancer: – Researchers also found that CBD oil is extremely valuable when it comes to treatment of cancer in various different ways. CBD and some of the other compounds found in cannabis have this “antitumor effect”. This effect amplifies the death of tumor cells in leukemia and colon cancer.
Further research showed that CBD can also prevent the cancer cells from spreading in cervical cancer cells. However, these cancer studies were not made on human subjects so, there is no actual proof but the findings were promising.
4. Reduce Diabetes: – A rare health benefit of CBD oil is that it can reduce the risk of diabetes. According to a study published in Neuropharmacology, some researchers started an experiment to determine the effect of CBD on non-obese diabetes-prone female mice. The study showed that compared to 100% of the untreated group, only about 32% of the mice that received CBD was diagnosed with diabetes.
This showed that CBD is clearly an extremely valuable medicine when it comes to fighting diabetes and is capable of reducing the chances of getting diabetes.
5. Helping to Quit Smoking: – According to a study in 2013, CBD oil helped a lot of people who were trying to quit smoking. A group of 24 people who want to quit smoking were given inhalers with CBD or some placebo substance. They were told to use the inhalers whenever they had the urge to smoke. Smokers with the placebo inhalers did not reduce smoking consumption at all but the smokers with the CBD inhalers reduced their smoking consumption by 40%.
The study clearly showed that CBD can be an effective treatment for nicotine addiction. More studies are being made to get more proof on whether CBD will be able to help people completely quit nicotine addiction or not.
In conclusion, CBD is an extremely valuable compound with medical properties which can be used to treat people in lots of different ways. These are the top 5 benefits you can gain by using CBD oil. We hope you enjoyed reading this article, share your thoughts with us in the comment section below. Good luck!