You just started your fitness journey and you are hearing all of these crazy things about cardio training?
If you wanna know the truth about the most common myths read below!
1. If you do cardio on an empty stomach you will burn more fat. It’s actually very important to have a healthy meal before your cardio session.
Your muscles can’t perform at their highest without resources, so on an empty stomach your body will turn to the carb and fat fragments in your bloodstream and will not consume the fat stored in your fat cells. This can lead to low hydration and high GI (glycemic index).
2. You need to split up cardio and strenght. If you are planning to have a very intense cardio session it might be ok to perform it separate from your strenght workout, but there are times when fusing both can be efficient and effective.
Your metabolism will be on fire if you combine these two types of training.
3. If you do cardio daily you can eat whatever you want and still lose weight. There is nothing more wrong than this statement. A healthy and balanced diet is essential for your weightloss so you gotta pay attention and be aware of the fact that training isn’t enough for the body you dream of.
4. You have to do cardio first, and then perform the strenght exercises. There isn’t a rule about this, you can organize your workouts however is convenient to you and your body.
5. You have to focus on cardio if you want to lose massive weight. This is totally wrong! You must combine it with strenght exercises to maximize the results. Your muscles need to grow in order for you to burn fat.