Urinary incontinence, as one of the health problems that the Kegel exercises are often related to, affects about 25 million adult Americans each year. So it is only natural for us to want to prevent this health problem from ever appearing in our lives. And the same goes for some other problems that can be easily resolved by the help of the Kegel exercises. Maybe so far you have thought that the Kegel exercises are only beneficial for women and not for men. And maybe you thought that your problem with Erectile dysfunction cannot possibly be resolved with the help of the Kegel exercises. Well, this is not a surprise since the number of people that are aware of the importance of the Kegel exercises is so low. But, it is never late to change that, is it? And to prove you that we are going to dedicate an article to the health benefits of the Kegel exercises or to the seven things that the Kegel exercises can help you improve your health, to be precise.
What are the Kegel exercises?
The Kegel exercises are specifically designed exercises that are used to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles. The pelvic floor muscles are the muscles that make sure that your bladder, rectum, uterus and small intestine stay in their place. If these muscles are weakened by any reasons, such as pregnancy, childbirth, surgery for prostate cancer, etc. the risk of urinal, fecal, and stress incontinence is increased. The Kegel exercises for men and women are used in the non-invasive treatment plan to resolve different health problems such as urinary, fecal and stress incontinence, erectile dysfunction and other health problems. And the most important thing is that although they have many health benefits, they are easy to be done and you can do them at any time and any place. All that you need to do is contract your pelvic floor muscles – that you will locate once you stop your urine stream while urinating, and hold them in that position for 10 seconds. Try to repeat at least 4 to 5 sets, three times a day!
The 7 things that the Kegel exercises will help improve your life
1. Kegel exercises can help you experience a better sexual intercourse – You and your partner can benefit from doing the Kegel exercises alone, but also while your sexual intercourse! It is considered that if women perform their Kegel exercises – meaning to contract their pelvic floor muscles during the sexual intercourse, that can increase the feeling for both men and women which will result in a better sexual experience and an increased chance for an orgasm.
2. Kegel exercises can increase your ability to reach an orgasm – When you are doing your Kegel exercises, you are strengthening your pelvic floor muscles, but most importantly you are strengthening your pubococcygeal muscle which is one of the most important muscles that contracts during an orgasm. By strengthening this muscle, among the others, you are increasing your chances greatly towards reaching an orgasm over time. But, this does not only refer to women. Kegel exercises are one of the best exercises for men since they can help men as well to increase their chance for an orgasm during the sexual intercourse!
3. Kegel exercises can help prevent and treat urinary incontinence – Doing the Kegel exercises during your pregnancy can help you prevent urinary incontinence after the childbirth. This is important because during your pregnancy and childbirth your pelvic floor muscles might lose their strength and become weakened which will increase the risk of the previously mentioned health problem. The Kegel exercises have been confirmed to decrease this risk by strengthening your pelvic floor muscles. But the Kegel exercises are not only efficient in preventing this problem, but they are also used as a non-invasive treatment for urinary incontinence to help you regain your bladder control over time.
4. Kegel exercises can help you prevent and treat fecal incontinence – The Kegel exercises can also prevent and treat fecal incontinence since they are designed to strengthen your weakened sphincter muscles. Fecal incontinence is a common problem after pregnancy and childbirth, but also a problem that is caused by old age.
5. Kegel exercises help improve the blood circulation to the vagina – While you are doing your Kegel exercises, you will help to strengthen and tone your vaginal muscles. Plus, you will improve the blood flow to your vagina. Why is this important? A good blood flow is essential to keep your muscles healthy, your libido high, and to increase your natural lubrication!
6. Kegel exercises can increase your libido after childbirth – It is considered normal for your libido to be decreased in the months that follow after childbirth. However, The Kegel exercises have been confirmed to increase the sexual self-efficiency within women after childbirth. So, if you want to increase your libido and enjoy your time spend with your partner, start doing the Kegel exercises right now!
7. Kegel exercises can be used with children to teach them bladder control – You can teach your child to perform the Kegel exercises regularly on its own to improve its bladder control over time so that it can stop its troubles staying dry at night!
Kegel exercises are not only for women anymore, if there was a time that they had been, that is. By doing the Kegel exercises regularly you can decrease any risk of urinary, fecal and stress incontinence especially if you are currently pregnant. You can also use the Kegel exercises to improve your sexual life that you can your parent will be thankful for. Do not underestimate the power of your pelvic floor muscles and make sure that you keep them strong and healthy with these easy exercises! You will be glad that you had taken the time to do these exercises once you have given birth and there is no sign of any incontinence and your libido is high and intact!