I bet you love “the pump” feeling that you get after a hard weight lifting session. When the blood flow increases in a muscle group, more oxygen enters your cells and you feel great.
Everybody should have this feeling after every workout, because it’s a sign of progress. Here is how to increase the pump and also the vascularity!
1. Hydration is the key, so drink plenty of water. Your body is made of 70% water, so you really need it, especially during your training sessions. Water keeps your blood volume higher and helps your body function properly. It also makes your muscles look biger and helps you feel the pump.
2. Use shorter rest periods. If you make your rest periods shorter, you’ll have a more intense session and you’ll force more blood to flow through the muscle tissue. This brings an increased sense of “pumping” and vascularity.
3. Add supersets. Supersets are very important if you aim to have an intense and effective workout.
This will dramatically increase the blood flow to your muscles and you’ll be able to feel the pump right away.
4. Keep the muscles under tension. If you want real results you have to focus all the time. Perform every exercise in a controlled way and use the right weights.
Keep in mind that if the weights are too light, you won’t get the pump. Make sure that you choose the right ones and control every single move.
5. Use Arginine. This supplement will help you feel more energized during your workouts and will increase vascularity.
In the body, this amino acid changes into nitric oxide (NO). Nitric oxide is a powerful neurotransmitter that helps blood vessels relax and also improves circulation.