Looks what happens to your body when you don’t drink enough water!
Hydration is absolutely essential for a strong and healthy body. Drinking water frequently will help you fight a lot of problems like fatigue, constipation, muscle cramps, aches or low blood pressure. Everyone knows that it’s important to consume at least 2-3 liters of water daily, but how many of us really drink this amount? Let’s see what really happens in your body when you don’t drink enough water (attention: we’re talking strictly about water, not tea, juice or other types of fluids)!
1. Digestion problems. Maybe this is the first thing that will come into your mind when you think about the lack of water in your body. Contipation will become a regular problem and you’ll find it very hard to solve it. Water is essential for your digestion process!
2. Fatigue and tiredness. Your energy levels will collapse as soon as your body is low in water. To fight the continuous sensation of sleepiness make sure you stay hydrated throughout the day!
3. Slow metabolism. Your metabolism depends on the amount of water you drink, so it will start to function faster as soon as you increase the water intake. To remove the waste and to detoxify your body you need to drink at least 2.5 liters of water daily. A recent research shows that drinking 16 ounces of water daily can increase the metabolic rate by 30 percent.
4. Your skin will suffer. The lack of hydration makes your skin look dull, older and very dry. Wrinkles will start to show up on your face sooner than you think and it’s possible that you experience worse problems like eczema, acne or irritation.
5. Blood sugar will increase. This is a warning sign especially for diabetics! Not drinking enough water can worsen your symptoms. Never forget that your body needs water to break down sugar and when you don’t stay hydrated the whole situation gets very dangerous.