It seems that the Golden Era of Bodybuilding is coming back! Everybody is looking for aesthetics, the old-school look, the V-TAPER upper body look!
But how to get it? How to build such an impressive upper body? Big back, huge shoulders, amazing chest and great arms? Mass and definition? It seems really hard, doesn’t?
If you are looking to build a bigger chest, wide shoulders and lats, I have a workout for you, that will give you the V-taper you’re looking for. Using these 6 exercises, this 45 minute workout targets your chest and lats, while also building up some huge shoulders. The key to making gains, is by using compound movements to engage all 3 target muscle groups, while also engaging your arms, giving you a complete total upper body workout!
The V-TAPER Workout:
– Perform all sets of each exercise before moving to the next one.
– Rest 35 seconds between sets and 90 seconds between exercises.
– Perform 10-15 reps of each exercise for 2 sets.
– The 3rd set should be performed to near failure.
– Aim to increase the weight for each equipment exercise by 5-10% each week.
CAUTION! ALWAYS BE CAREFUL TO PROPER FORM EXECUTION
EXERCISE 1. Bench press
– Lie on the bench so your eyes are directly under the bar.
– Grasp the bar just outside shoulder width.
– Arch your back hard so that your lower back is completely off the bench. Your shoulder blades should be pulled together.
– Squeeze the bar tightly and pull it out of the rack (if you have a spotter—and you should when the weight gets very heavy—have him help you get the bar into position).
– Take a deep breath and lower the bar to your sternum (in line with the bottom edge of your pecs), tucking your elbows in at about 45 degrees to your sides.
– When the bar touches your chest, drive your feet hard into the floor and press it back up. Exhale at the end of the rep.
2. Bent arm barbell pullover (CLICK BELOW ON THE NEXT PAGE TO CONTINUE READING)