Do you eat bananas frequently? Here are some reasons to include these amazing fruits in your daily diet!
Aside from being delicious, bananas are also very nutritious. They are the most popular fruits in the planet and they vary in color, size and shape. The most common type is the yellow banana, which is green when unripe. One medium banana (110 grams) contains about 110 calories and consists almost exclusively of carbs and water. The carbs in the green bananas consist mostly of starch and resistant starch, but as the banana ripens, the starch turns into glucose, fructose and sucrose. Here’s 10 surprising reasons to eat bananas:
1. Bananas contain high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin. This helps people who struggle with depression and mental illness.
2. These fruits protect you very well against muscle cramps, so you gotta eat at least one banana a day if you want to prevent pain and discomfort during your workouts or at night.
3. Bananas are very rich in potassium and very low in salt. This makes ’em able to lower blood pressure and protect you against heart attacks and strokes.
4. If you want to forget about digestion problems eat one banana every day. It’s packed with a lot of fiber and it will normalize bowel motility. They can also stimulate the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel.
5. This fruit is the only raw one that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids. It does wonders for people who struggle with stomach aches.
6. Recent studies have shown that this delicious fruit can prevent kidney cancer. It’s also high in antioxidants and it provides protection against free radicals and chronic diseases.
7. Bananas contain relatively few calories, while being very nutritious. This makes ’em great for every person who wants to lose weight and have a balanced diet. Eat one everytime you crave for a healthy snack.
8. Some studies have shown that unripe bananas are a great source of resistant starch, which may improve insulin sensitivity. This can protect you against many serious diseases, including type 2 diabetes.
9. Bananas are naturally fat and cholesterol free. You can use mashed bananas to substitute for some of the butter or oil when making cookies. In this way you can cook delicious and healthy treats when you’re dieting.
10. This fruit is an excellent source of vitamin B6, also called pyridoxine. One banana supplies about 35 percent of your daily B6 requirement. Your body uses vitamin B-6 to grow new cells. It’s also a good source of manganese, vitamina C, vitamin A, Vitamin E, carotene and choline.