When it comes to weight loss, there are all kinds of tips & tricks, secrets, myths, methods, and so on…
Today I decided to give you not less than 66 weight loss and fitness secrets. Perhaps many of them are not much of a secret to some of you, but let’s see the whole list!
1. Slow down and enjoy each food preparation. We are too often in pursuit of wealth and forget our roots. It is so beautiful to cook with passion, to cook a healthy and delicious meal.
2. Make at least one embodiment of squat at least three times a week in your home, office, park or gym.
3. Move more often and more intensely. As we evolve in terms of technology, our body becomes more regressed.
4. Back to basics. Do not confuse the complex stuff. Success is to own control over basic issues.
5. Autosuggestion always works. Every time you say to yourself that you have to do something, you imply that you don’t have any choice… replace, ‘I have to’ with more empowering alternatives ‘I choose to’ or ‘I will‘. Expressing choice brings the feeling of power back.
6. All diets work at first until an unwelcome event occurs. You either feel more bloated or become ill. Therefore, it is appropriate to eat balanced meals. Do not deprive yourself of nutrients; replace processed foods with real, nutritious foods.
7. You do not need to DETOX. At least not as often as others. The body knows how to do it’s job perfectly. If you help occasionally, it’s very good. Nevertheless, do not count on it for weight loss.
8. Six meals a day are as good as three meals a day. All that matters is to customize your meal frequency so that it fits into your lifestyle.
9. New concepts of fitness and fashion are based on classical training. Therefore, if you’re a beginner, be classically trained in order to move on further and doing it properly.
10. Do you only have 10 minutes for a workout? Do three warm-ups followed by circuit training. There are hundreds to choose from.
11. Yoga and Pilates can be effective and it works. However, if you are aiming for weight loss, use them as a bonus, after you have worked out on metabolic training, cardio and strength.
12. Energy expenditure, causes caloric deficit by reducing food intake or by increasing bodily exertion through exercise or increased activity, be aware of your protein intake.
13. Foam rollers, muscle massage devices and other gadgets are a form of micro massage. It’s very helpful to you, use them whenever you can.
14. Your thoughts and influences around you, determines your behaviour and character. Nourish them, pay attention to them and above all make sure you are not suppressed by black clouds.
15. There is a thin line between being open-minded and dementia. Try to limit yourself first. More specifically, you can be an open-minded sceptic.
16. Set your goals clearly when it comes to weight loss and training. Better results occur when you have a constructive plan than when you just want something but do not know what to do…
17. I’ll never regret a workout completed. Instead, you’ll surely regret not doing anything.
18. Every morning spend at least 10 minutes to organise your meals for the day. Either prepare them there and then or write them down for later.
19. Lunch time: healthy food is much better than fast food.
20. There is no need to dwell on what foods to eat or buy. It’s easy, stick to fresh, nutritional and healthy options.
21. Moderation is extremely important, as well as balance.
22. Periodicaly make yourself a reminder about what you promised for your lifestyle, working out and eating habits = healthy lifestyle.
23. How you define insanity? Repeating the same actions, over and over, expecting different results.
24. Train, because you love your body, not because you hate your body.
25. There isn’t only one dish where you will gain weight, as there isn’t only one dish where you will lose weight.
26. Educate and inform yourself! Read, watch, learn and apply in your case.
27. Do something every day to improve your posture and mobility. It can be a simple gesture to get up from the desk more often.
28. Two bad days can spoil five good days. Use the weekend to enhance your healthy lifestyle. Move more instead of loafing around.
29. Learn the difference between hunger and appetite. Hunger is physiological which can be eliminated by eating balanced and sufficient meals, while appetite is a natural desire to satisfy a bodily need, is everything beyond that point.
30. Do not compare yourself to anyone. Your only competitor is you. We are all unique and different. Aim to be a better version of yourself!
31. The only supplements required are a complex of vitamins and minerals.
32. Keep a journal of meals. Everyday write what you eat. It will help you enormously!
33. Do you have little time to workout? Use supersets.
34. Treat your workouts like tasks set by a Head office. However, consider each of them as an award after a hard day at work.
35. Each concept training is good in its own way, whether it’s Cross Fit, Zumba, FBI (FullBodyIgnition) , Insanity, Limitless, P90X, Aqua Gym or any other.
36. Always set high limits, which causes you to overcome them.
37. Not everyone can be a guru, especially those who call themselves a guru. Better to learn alone.
38. Always take care of your posture. Check this constantly when you train, work in the office and even go for a walk. If you care about this, then half the battle is won.
39. True Test: It is not so important how well you train when you are motivated and when you have no problems in life. It’s more important that you maintain the correct course when the motivation is not there and when things are not so rosy in your life.
40. For a simpler way to organise your meals, try something such as: no meat on Mondays, low carb on Tuesdays … and so forth.
41. Take regular challenges. If you keep fit and have a healthy lifestyle, sign up for competitions, choose to take on different challenges. This will give you an energy boost and elevate you to a higher level.
42. A new and improved body will not change how you are as a person. However, a healthy and extremely personable body can bring many benefits to your life.
43. The path to success is lined with many failures. You will always get up and walk again.
44. Strength training is as important as cardiovascular exercise. Do not neglect this.
45. Have quick healthy recipes close by, so you will always be prepared when you need to cook something in a hurry.
46. Do not rely on diets that are campaigned in the media. It’s absurd to think that one particular diet works for everyone.
47. If you are able to move faster…Do it! You have everything to gain!
48. Eat a wide variety of healthy foods for a balanced meal.
49. Learn the correct execution and complex exercises and basic benefits. Well worth it!
50. Have fun on the road to success! Feel good while you head to your objective. It is so important when we get there and it is more important to go and get it.
51. Learn to tell the difference between pain and discomfort. Get out of your comfort zone, but do not go into extreme pain.
52. Eat a variety of good fats. Fish, nuts, avocados and other seeds. Do not ignore these good fats. Bad fats will cause more damage.
53. Go back to a sport. If as a child you practiced a sport, try it out now as an adult.
54. Act like a child. I consider myself a child. A child runs, plays, moves and feels good in doing so. Also, eat when you need to eat.
55. Prioritise! It’s all about what you want. A healthy lean body or stuffing yourself with cakes and chocolates?
56. It’s ok to make mistakes, but learn from them.
57. Don’t bind yourself to strict diet rules. As I said, it does not work! Eat a healthy, balanced meal and enjoy!
58. A healthy lifestyle will require sacrifices and changes. However, it will all be worth it!
59. Try to improve your health by not seeking miracle diets but by giving up the search.
60. There is a place for everything: carbohydrates, cardio and rest…
61. Watch the calories but be careful not to become too fixated. It’s okay to control your calorie intake, but become obsessed and you run the risk of ruining everything and become frustrated.
62. Genetics are important, but not the ultimate. Of course, it helps a good if you have good genes, but if you take note of your options in life, that gene is broken down.
63. Revolutionary is a big word. Many concepts, diets, many workouts are called revolutionary. The fact is that no one reinvented the wheel. It was improved by a great deal!
64. The answer to almost any question about fitness and nutrition begins with “it depends”.
65. Do not underestimate the importance of your ‘rest day’. Rest is essential.
66. Even if your goal is weight loss, do not forget that in the end you gain health!
Keep well, keep fit and keep healthy!