Yes, it’s true! Just 15 minutes of walking a day can change your body more than you thought! Let’s see what happens when you walk at least this amount of time!
Walking is a low-impact exercise that has many benefits for your health.
It’s free and available to everyone, so you should enjoy a 15 minutes walk every day if you’re not going to the gym. Here are the benefits:
1. Walking helps you burn calories. Even if you don’t burn as many calories as you would in the gym, walking still helps you lose weight and improve your metabolism. In just 15 minutes of walking your body can burn up to 80-100 calories, depending on various factors like your weight and your speed.
READ ALSO: TOP 10 APPETITE SUPPRESSANTS
2. It boosts vitamin D. A short walk in the sun will increase your vitamin D levels and it will fix this important nutrient in your system. Isn’t this a great reason to get out of the house now?
3. Walking improves your mood. Feeling depressed or anxious? Get out and walk for at least 15 minutes in a quiet and relaxing place. You’ll clear your mind, energize your body and get rid of the negative vibrations.
4. It relieves pain. When you sit all day at the desk, pain can become your biggest enemy. If your joints and muscles hurt, all you have to do is walk for at least 15 minutes.
This will improve the blood flow, relax the muscular system and increase the joint mobility.
5. Walk 15 min a day and your heart will thank you. Walking regulary will reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. It will also lower the levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol and it will prevent and control the high blood pressure that causes strokes, reducing the risk by up to 27 percent.
READ ALSO: HOME REMEDIES FOR SHOULDER PAIN
6. Many studies have shown that a regular walking habit will lower your risk to develop colon cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer and type 2 diabetes.