You would like to improve your squat? Look right now at the 5 best ways to do it from now on!
1. Work on your technique! You should use lightweight if your technique is not good enough. First you gotta learn how to squat properly.
Pay attention to your hips, back, chest and knees. Keep your entire body tight during the exercise.
Send you hips backwards as you bend your knees and keep your back straight, with your neutral spine, and your chest and shoulders up.
Keep your knees in line with your feet and don’t forget to breathe! You should ask for advice from a personal trainer if you don’t know how to do it properly.
2. Improve your core strenght! If you want to keep your body tight during the squat, you gotta have a strong core. You can improve your core muscles through exercise, but some breathing techniques can also help you.
Take a deep breath before you start the squat and hold it to set intra-abdominal pressure. In this way you’ll have a more vertical torso angle and this will help you to get the best out of that squat.
3. Pay attention to the upper back muscles. The upper back muscles are very important if you want to get better at squats because they will improve your core stability and can help you maintain the right position every time you squat.
4. Build hip strenght. Strong hips can stop you from falling, so it’s very important to train your hamstrings and and glutes properly. Romanian deadlifts, rack pulls, good mornings and dumbbell swings can help you build hip strenght.
5. Get the right shoes! You need shoes with a firm sole and elevated heel and that’s why you should get a pair of weightlifting shoes. The ankle mobility is very important when you squat, so you should avoid heavy workout shoes.