The importance of breakfast is known to most of us, and yet there are people who do not eat anything in the morning.
Most of the time we are on the run; grabbing a strong coffee on the way. The reasons why breakfast is skipped varies: we are in a hurry, stress of not missing the train, bus or being late for the school run, or we want to sleep till the last minute before we leave the house.
The price you pay for skipping breakfast is quite immense: in-fact 13 kg can certainly be accumulated throughout the year!
Researchers in the UK have recently conducted a study which was alarming on the importance of breakfast to one’s health. Research has highlighted how food choices affect the first meal for the day. Lack of breakfast causes a decrease in blood glucose resulting from eating unhealthy foods such as chocolate, sodas, chips, crackers, pretzels.
Such behavior leads to food consumption of 252 extra calories each day, which means 91,980 calories each year, according to British scientists. If they are not burned through regular exercise, the persons concerned are likely to gain weight by 13 kilograms in one year.
Take heed on how important sport is to you!
Breakfast helps you to maintain your body weight, influences you to be in a good mood, gives you more energy and helps you to focus. People who eat breakfast regularly feel more alert, are less prone to obesity and are healthier in general, even showing a reduced risk of diabetes and heart disease.
To help you get into the habit to eat a healthy breakfast EVERYDAY here are are a few suggestions and easy to prepare!
– A serving of fruits rich in minerals and vitamins (banana, kiwi, orange, avocado, apple, grapefruit, berries, tangerine, pineapple, mango, etc)
– Raw vegetables: carrots, celeriac
– Walnuts, almonds, cashews, vegetable seeds, flax, sunflower, chia seeds, sesame, etc.
– Greek yogurt with oatmeal
– Scrambled eggs, tofu and vegetables
– Lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers and 50 grams of ham
– 1 baked potato with yogurt
– A banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter
– 1 pita bread, hummus and vegetables
– Cheese and a serving of fruit
– A bowl of cooked brown rice plus a little honey, apple, cinnamon, raisins
– A brown bread sandwich with grilled meat or tuna
– Soy / almond milk with multigrain
– Peanut butter on apple slices
– Almond butter on toast and fresh fruit
– Whole grains and low-fat cheese with strawberries
– Minimal tomatoes, mushrooms, tuna
– Omelette with spinach, tofu pesto sauce
– Various fruit smoothies or vegetables
– Banana pancakes and egg whites
Now do you have a wide variety of healthy choices in the morning?