To sleep well at night is really crucial and many people don’t pay attention to this. We need at least 7 hours every night but we don’t sleep that much. There is a method that includes Himalayan salt and feng shui methods.
Ever since I was a kid I have had a hard time sleeping. My mind doesn’t want to calm down enough to allow my exhausted body to rest. Because of this, I have had to make a lot of changes in my life in order to create the perfect conditions for sleep.
First, I followed all of the advice that medical professionals and psychologists suggested by removing as many distractions from my room as possible. I keep my tv, cell phone, and laptop out of my room. I don’t read or do anything that over engages my mind in my bedroom either.
I have worked on temperature control, lighting control, and used all kinds of things from spending more time in the sun to exercising regularly.
IT IS NOT JUST THAT EASY SAYING GOOD NIGHT
As we said, we need at least 8 hours every night. But how to get them? Read more in this article.
This recipe includes 3 oils: magnesium, lavender and chamomile oil.
Sleepy Time Food Spray Ingredients
Before we dive into how you can make this awesome spray I wanted to go over what was in it and why it works so well in helping your body truly rest.
- Chamomile Essential Oil– Chamomile can be made into incredibly calming tea that can be drunk before bedtime in order to help calm the nerves and prepare the body for sleeping. This is why it is the perfect ingredients for your Sleepy Time Foot Spray.
- Magnesium Oil– Many people are actually deficient in this extremely important mineral making it an important ingredient to add to the spray. In fact, one of the best ways to rebalance this type of deficiency is by applying an oil or spray on the skin. Just be aware that when it is sprayed on the skin it will sometimes make your skin feel tingly. If this is the case with you or your children we recommend wearing socks afterwards. Magnesium is important for your body to shift from an awakened state into a sleeping state. It helps your body and mind calm down and make the transition making it very important for your foot spray.
- Lavender Essential Oil – Lavender is another of those ingredients that I use all the time to calm down and rebalance myself. I often use lavender lotions and mix the essential oils with coconut oil in order to make a nice relaxing massage oil. If you are using this oils on children make sure you only use a little as it can become a bit much for a sensitive child. It has incredible calming effects on the mind and has long been used in herbal treatments to aid in sleep and de-stressing which is exactly what my overactive mind needs to seal the deal and get some restful sleep.
Sleepy Time Foot Spray
Here is how to make this awesome foot spray that you can use on your feet before bed whenever you need a restful night.
- Get 4 ounces of magnesium oil from your local health food store or online.
- Combine it with 10 drops of high-quality Lavender Essential Oil, and 10 drops of Roman Chamomile Essential Oil in a glass spray bottle.
- Add the lid and then shake the combination to stir it up.
- This amount will work for 24-48 applications so the recipe can be doubled or tripled if you need to make more.
- Spray your feet and let them dry for a minute.
- Crawl into bed and relax.
There you have it! Now you will enjoy your sleep!