Nowadays, everybody is looking for fast workouts. Effective workouts are done in 30 min full body exercises, either with bodyweight, or with free accessories, like kettlebells, dumbbells, balls and sandbags.
If you are looking for more dynamic or challenging workout then get your old bag or your backpack, fill it with heavy stuff to build an ultimate strength and burn fat.
What Sandbag Weight Should I Use?
Sandbag is a versatile tool that can activates your stabilizer muscles building strength and burning fat. But to achieve your goals, it’s important to use the right weight which depends on your ability level, training experience, and purpose. Luckily, you yourself can vary the weight of your sandbag adding or removing the filler bags.
So, to build your strength, add weight to your sandbag but do lower rep sets. If you are looking for conditional training, use a lighter sandbag and add reps and intensity.
If you don’t have your own bag or have none at the gym, read the article to the end and you’ll find out how to make your own D.I.Y sandbag.
Below you will find a 30 min full body workout with sandbag. There will be 10 exercises, the entire muscles of your body will be worked.
Exercise 1. Sandbag squats
How To Do:
- Stand tall with feet just wider than shoulder width.
- Place the sandbag on your back.
- Squat as low as you can.
- Bring your body straight back up, pushing through your heels.
You will perform 15 reps x 4 sets, then proceed to the next exercise.
Exercise number 2. Sandbag Plank and Pull
How To Do:
- Get into a plank position.
- Place the sandbag on the ground to one side of your body just outside and below your shoulder. Reach your hand under your body and across to grab the sandbag.
- Without rotating your hips, pull the sandbag through and across to the other side of your body. You need to pull the sandbag all the way across and outside the other shoulder. If you can’t pull the bag, it might be too heavy.
- Do the same with the other hand.
You will do 4 sets of 10 reps each side, then move on to the next exercise!
Exercise number 3. Rotational Lunge
How To Do:
- Grab the handles and stand with the arms hanging freely.
- Step back in a line position rotating the sandbag over the front side of the lead leg. Hold for 15 seconds.
- Push off the rear leg and bring the sandbag back to center, maintaining control in the movement.
- Keep the arms hanging. Don’t pull on the sandbag. Keep the spine tall.
You will perform 4 sets of 15 reps each side, then move to next exercise!
READ ALSO: 5 Glutes Exercises Better Than Squats