You’re wondering why you’re not seeing results from your workouts? Here are some reasons for why is this happening!
Deciding to make fitness a priority is the best choice you can make for your health. Daily training helps your entire body function at its best, gives you strenght and energy and makes you more positive and optimistic. I’m sure you’ve been enthusiastic in your first days at the gym, but now you’ve kept the same enthusiasm?
Many people stop seeing results after a few weeks or months and they never get an answer to the question “Why is this happening to me, if I’m doing my best when I workout?” If you find yourself in a similar situation you shouldn’t let the plateau discourage you. There are many reasons why you’re not seeing results from your workouts, but there is nothing that can’t be fixed.
Here are some main reasons for the lack of results:
1. You’re doing too much of the same thing. Fitness means diversity, so you gotta switch things up and always try new methods and new exercises. Even if you found out that you’re very good at running, maybe you shouldn’t just stick to this type of cardio. For example, you can mix running with weight training and you’ll get awesome results. Or you should also try some indoor cycling or other types of cardio.
2. You’re overtired. You don’t have to push yourself to the limit everytime you go to the gym. Pay attention to what your body is trying to say to you and push yourself only when it’s necessary. You should always sleep enough and eat very well, so you can give your all in the gym. Sleep is essential for your muscle to heal and for your entire body to be prepared for the next training session.
3. You’re not challenging yourself enough. Don’t forget that you’re body will adapt very quickly to the same routine and the same intensity. This is why you should train heavier some days. Alternate your workouts between light, medium and heavy for the best results.
4. You’re overeating. Even if you had a powerful workout, you should’t be eating too much just because (in your mind) you need to replenish all the calories you’ve lost. Don’t forget that you need a calorie deficit if your goal is to lose weight.
5. You’re overstressed. Stress affects your body in many ways. In most cases it will make you feel weak, depressed, with no energy and no focus. When you enter the gym you’d better let all your problems outside and concentrate on what you have to do. Never forget what your goal is and always visualise the body you want. There is no problem in this world to stop you from reaching your best shape.